Working in Extreme Weather Conditions
As a business, you have an obligation to protect the health and safety of workers in extreme weather conditions. This involves a risk management process that sets out controls for specific weather events.
It is important that managers and employees are kept knowledgeable about how to stay safe in specific instances of extreme weather. This induction course is designed to teach you about legal rights and responsibilities relating to extreme weather and how to manage specific risks.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating hot, cold or harsh weather-prone environments
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Working in Extreme Weather Conditions course is ideal for ensuring staff compliance with safety protocols and identifying and managing risks
- Understand PCBU and employee rights and responsibilities
- Understand the risk management process
- Know how to control specific extreme weather risks
- Know how to report unsafe practices
- Deliver training to managers and employees about how to stay safe in extreme weather
- Managers will know how to incorporate extreme weather in a risk management plan
- Reduce health and safety issues during extreme weather conditions