As a business, it is your responsibility to provide staff with the support and reporting channels necessary to report misconduct. Whistleblowers are invaluable for detecting and preventing fraud, corruption, safety malpractice and other forms of business and employee misconduct. These forms of misconduct can be catastrophic for a business if left unaddressed.
This induction course is designed to inform staff and managers about the importance of whistleblower protection and the personal effect it has on individuals. It also provides a guide to implementing a supportive whistleblower policy for your business.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- Whistleblowing is ideal for educating managers and staff about the importance of whistleblower protection and how to incentivise disclosure of workplace misconduct
- Learn the importance of whistleblowing and the types of misconduct whistleblowers report
- Understand the personal impact whistleblowing has on employees and how to properly support them
- Learn about the laws and protection criteria available to assist whistleblowers or employees who are considering disclosing important information
- Provide staff with a comprehensive overview of whistleblowing and the effects of business misconduct
- Managers will learn ways to support staff who disclose information about misconduct
- Staff will understand the support networks available to them
- Applying the principles in this course will encourage ethical behaviour and information-sharing by employees