Social Media in the Workplace
Social media is integrated into all aspects of life and, as a business, it is your obligation to train and inform employees about social media use in the workplace. Laws regarding social media must be adhered to in order to prevent workplace bullying, cyber-bullying and other negative effects of social media, such as termination of employment.
When implementing social media policies in the workplace, it is important to understand the positive and negative effects of social media. If social media use is allowed in the workplace, it is necessary to identify best practices and any laws or policies associated with social media use. This induction course is designed to teach you about the best practices for social media use in the workplace.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating in an office environment
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Social Media in the Workplace course is ideal for educating managers about the pros and cons of staff social media use, as well as strategies to manage social media issues effectively
- Understand what social media is and how it may be used in the workplace
- Gain an understanding of the effects of social media in the workplace, including negative and positive effects
- Learn the policies for social media use in the workplace and what classifies as a breach of policy
- Understand workplace bullying and cyber-bullying
- Learn tips on effective social media use in the workplace
- Deliver social media use training seamlessly to a wide range of employees
- Employees will develop an understanding of policies and legalities associated with social media in the workplace
- Managers will be able to develop a social media policy for the workplace