Safe Hand Hygiene
All businesses in the health care sector are responsible for keeping employees knowledgeable about safe hand hygiene practices. There are critical times for hand hygiene and methods that must be followed to prevent the spread of health care associated infections (HCAIs).
There are steps that must be taken to ensure hands are free from harmful microorganisms when treating patients. This induction course is designed to teach you about these steps, and other considerations that must be made to prevent HCAIs.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating in medical or other healthcare environment
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Safe Hand Hygiene course is ideal for supporting staff and patient health and safety and compliance with industry requirements
- Understand how HCAIs are transmitted via hands
- Know when and how to perform hand hygiene cleansing methods
- Know how to safely use gloves
- Know how to treat damaged skin and report skin reactions
- Understand how to minimise the transmission of harmful microorganisms
- Deliver training to employees about safe hand hygiene
- Employees will know how to effectively cleanse their hands and prevent the spread of HCAIs
- Reduce instances of HCAIs and the associated costs