Manual handling is a necessary activity in many industries and workplaces. It can involve serious risks to health and safety and manual handling hazards must be managed effectively. These risks and hazards can result in permanent injuries and conditions if they are not eliminated or minimised.
This induction course is designed to teach workers about the different types of manual handling, common manual handling risks and safe lifting techniques. It also covers typical manual handling injuries and tips on how to manage these risks and hazards.
- This course covers a range of manual handling activities and risks found in both corporate and construction industries
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Manual Handling course is ideal for educating workers about the risks involved with manual handling tasks and how to perform them safely
- Learn about factors that make manual handling dangerous
- Be aware of the serious risks, hazards and injuries involved with this type of work
- Understand safe lifting techniques and ways to identify and manage or eliminate risks to personal safety
- Educate workers about manual handling risks and safe techniques
- Encourage workers to carry out their work safely
- Minimise manual handling incident rates
- Support compliance with workplace health and safety requirements